STARS LOTTERY 2013
RULES GOVERNING OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE
Lottery Licence #345276
- Age limit for ticket purchasers is 18 years and over. Purchase must be made in the province of Alberta.
- All three manual draws (Loyalty, Early Bird, Final) will be under the supervision of Black Fund Development Inc., auditors from Stewart and Associates and the firm of Stride Management Corp. and take place at 1441 Aviation Park NE, Calgary, AB. Any person wishing to view the draws may do so by attending at the above location on the draw date(s).
- Board Members and Executive Management Staff of STARS (Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society and the Foundation), employees of Stride Management Corp. and Black Fund Development Inc. and family members of all of the above are ineligible to purchase tickets.
- The minimum number of tickets that must be sold or minimum revenue generated before the Lottery is cancelled or an extension requested, is any combination of the $25 individual tickets, sets of 3 for $60, sets of 6 for $100 and the sets of 18 for $250 that falls under $7,909,000 in revenue or 44% of gross revenue.
- The order in which the prizes will be awarded is from the prize of least retail value up to the prize of greatest retail value, including the Loyalty Draws (75) which will be the first 75 tickets drawn followed by the Early Bird Draws (2) which will be the next 2 tickets drawn followed by the Final Draw for the 3123 remaining prizes. After each winner is recorded, the stub will be returned to the drum. Ticket buyers are eligible for all 3200 draws.
- There will be no cash “in lieu of” option.
- Draw date for Loyalty Draw – January 30, 2013, cut-off – January 15, 2013; Early Bird Draw – March 21, 2013, cut-off – March 6, 2013; Final Draw – begins on April 15, 2013 and will be completed on April 18, 2013 with the top 10 draws, cut-off – March 27, 2013. Should all tickets be sold out by the Early Bird cut-off date of March 6, 2013 all draws, upon pre-approval from the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission, will begin on March 20, 2013 and will be completed with the top 10 draws on March 26, 2013 under the supervision of auditors from Stewart and Associates, the Raffle Manager and Stride Management Corp.
- Retail value of all prizes is $5,609,610.78 including GST. Only 1,115,000 tickets will be sold, 20,000 individual tickets at $25 each, 30,000 sets of 3 for $60 and 103,000 sets of 6 for $100 and 21,500 sets of 18 for $250.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded - no substitutes. All winners have one year from the date of the draw to claim their prize. Any costs associated with the delivery of a prize due to distance or unique circumstances will be covered by STARS. Restrictions apply for the following prize:
a) Travel – All travel prizes are valid for one year from draw date. Extensions will be granted upon request and blackout dates may apply. All travel includes return airfare from either Calgary or Edmonton unless otherwise indicated in the travel description.
b) STARS helicopter rides – valid for one year from draw date. STARS reserves the right to determine the date and the number of passengers on the ride based on availability of the helicopter. If the helicopter is required for mission activity, the ride will be rescheduled.
- All winners will be notified in writing by Stride Management Corp. and in some cases by telephone by STARS representatives of what they have won and how to claim the prize. The Loyalty, Early Bird and Top 10 final draw winners' names will be published in major newspapers in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer and Lethbridge after all draws have been completed and a complete searchable listing will be posted on www.starslottery.ca within 10 days following each draw.
- If a winner cannot be located after a period of one year from the draw date, the prize or equivalent cash value will be donated to a charitable beneficiary approved by the Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission.
- In the event of a winning ticket stub having more than one name the licensee will award the prize to the first name listed on the stub. The licensee is not responsible for resolving any disputes which may arise from the different individuals.
- If any ticket purchased has been entered in any draw, no refund will be issued after the draw has taken place.